Project name: Supporting the employability of people with mental illness using the Place and Train method
Registration number: CZ.03.2.60/0.0/0.0/16_064/0006390,
priority axis OPZ: 2 Sociální začleňování a boj s chudobou
Headquarters address: Topolová 748/1, 250 67 Klecany
Statutory body: prof. MD. Cyril Höschl, DrSc., FRCPsych.
Persons with serious mental illness.
The goal of the project is to restore work skills and subsequently employ 45 people with serious mental illness. For the majority of project participants, the training of work skills will take place in the gastronomic operation of NIMH, in the position of assistant cook and, depending on interest, also in administrative positions. Job training will serve to restore and consolidate social habits associated with regular attendance to work.
During the implementation of the project, persons with mental illness will be tested with a battery of questionnaires that will measure the client's quality of life related to health, health status, social functioning and recovery, etc.
People with mental illness will be provided with workplace support during job skills training. Each client will be consulted about their options and offered subsequent jobs or areas of further placement.
General objectives of the project
To increase the work attractivity of people with mental illness (target group) in society and on the labor market in the Czech Republic through the development of the Place and Train method. The Place and Train method is based on the IPS (Individual Place and Support) approach and its main feature is that a person who is interested in working is first placed in a workplace and then this person is provided with support for a period of time determined by this person.
Specific project objectives
- To check the progress and functionality (purpose and effectiveness) of the application of the Place and Train method with 45 people from the target group of the project.
- Increase the work attractivity of 45 people from the project's target group through the Place and Train method.
- Spread awareness of the Place and Train method and the results of the pilot validation.
- Project implementer: NIMH association
- Project partner: National Institute of Mental Health
- Main investigator: Bc., Mgr. Andrea Štanglová
- Research team: Ing. Hana Bartoňová, Miroslav Herzig, Mgr. Petr Konečný, MBA, Bc. Martin Kučera, Mgr. Markéta Nekolová, Romana Relichová, Bc. Mgr. Andrea Štanglová
- Institution: NIMH Association and National Institute of Mental Health
- Solution period: 2017-2020
- Funding: ESF CR, priority axis OPZ, Social inclusion and fight against poverty
- 50 initial questionnaire surveys, 45 agreements on joining the project
- 45 training completion certificates
- 45 individual plans, 1620 individual consultations including final job counseling, 45 certificates (orientation on the labor market)
- Place and Train methodology, Infoweb
- Evaluation research plan, interim evaluation reports, final evaluation report.
As part of the project, persons with mental illness will be employed in the position of kitchen helper and, if possible, also in other, for example, administrative positions.
If you are interested in finding a job, contact the job consultants.
CAFÉ & KITCHEN - more information about the job positions offered:
- position for people with mental illness
- right in the NIMH building in Klecany
- supportive work environment
- part-time job
If you are interested in working for the NIMH Association in the Place and Train project, please contact the job consultants, the contacts are listed below.